What information is covered by this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice covers all personal information processed by GREENOZ PTY LTD which means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified directly or indirectly.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you
We may collect personal information (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, date of birth, title, payment information, health and other information) that you provide to us when you:
- visit our website and register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website;
- fill out a profile card when visiting retail stores or counters; and
- subsequently correspond with us.
- Information we collect about you
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, details of any website which has referred you to our website, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for; and
- length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- We process your order history to develop, market, sell or otherwise provide products, services or information to you.
- We also process your name and contact details to provide you with copies of our newsletter (such as our Ledger publication) or information about our products, store launches, partnerships, in-store events (such as poetry readings) or other marketing or promotional information. We also process this information to ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
- Using your personal information in this way is necessary for us to perform our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you. It is also in our legitimate interests to provide you with the best possible customer experience online and instore.
- To process your payments and protect you against fraudulent transactions.
- We process your personal information including your card details to fulfil your purchase orders for our products, services and/or gift cards.
- We also process this information to keep your payment details safe and protect you against fraudulent transactions.
- It is in our legitimate interests to process financial information to keep payments secure and necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- To provide you with products and services that you have purchased from us.
- We may need to use your name and contact details to perform our obligations under a contract with you (e.g. where you have purchased a product or service from us, like a hand cream or a facial).
- We process your health information (e.g. where you suffer an adverse reaction to a product) to update your account with us.
- We also process this data to conduct internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and product development.
- We process information such as your GREENOZ PTY LTD account username and password, IP address, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website to improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences and troubleshoot problems.
- We process the details of your device when you shop on our website to enable us to detect any fraudulent transactions or suspicious purchasing activity.
- We process information collected by our websites automatically and through cookies and other technologies to assess the activities of our users, to measure the interest in and use of our website and communications, and to customise the website and our communications with you. We do this on both on an individual basis and in the aggregate. Please see the section titled ‘Information we collect about you’ for more detail.
- We may use your information such as your geographical location to help us conduct focused market research based on trends and common factors so that we develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your individual needs.
- We process your information in this way to better understand you to maintain, update and service your account with us.
- This processing also allows us to conduct internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and project development.
- We process your personal information to perform our obligations under our contract with you.
- We will need to process your name and contact details to respond to requests or complaints.
How do we protect your personal information?
We do several things to keep our data secure, which are considered best practice in the IT security industry. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorised service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards, including firewalls and encryption measures.
While we endeavour to protect our systems, website, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
Beacon takes reasonable steps to:
- a) make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- b) protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- c) where permitted by law, destroy or permanently anonymise personal information that is no longer needed for purposes for which it was collected.
GREENOZ PTY LTD’s credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, GREENOZ PTY LTD offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorised employees and agents who require access relating to their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
We don’t usually collect unsolicited personal information. Where we receive unsolicited personal information, we’ll determine if it would have been permissible to collect that personal information if it had been solicited. If we determine that collection would not have been permissible, to the extent permitted by law, we’ll destroy or anonymise that personal information as soon as practicable.
GREENOZ PTY LTD will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasions, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address to deliver any products purchased through our website.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use personal information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it.